Do you know the 5 top tips on rates of reaction for chemistry?
GCSE Chemistry Revision - Rates of reaction
1. Remember that a chemical reaction is different to a physical reaction. In a chemical-reaction new substances are made.
2. Can you explain collision theory with a definition and diagrams? How do we link this to ‘activation energy’? Make sure you can define activation energy too, and explain a reaction graph.
3. How do we know a chemical rection has taken place and how can we monitor it? What might we see? What could we measure? Volume of gas produced and change of mass are the most common answers here. Make sure you can write the equation for two example reactions where we could use these methods.
4. There are 6 key factors that can change the rate of reaction, make sure you can name and describe them.
5. For each factor can you give an example reaction and explain it? For example, if you add Magnesium and Hydrochloric acid, what happens as the concentration of HCL is increased and why?
𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐚 𝐓𝐮𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐮𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐢𝐧 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐨𝐧 𝐄𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 (𝐂𝐄), 𝐈𝐆𝐂𝐒𝐄, 𝐀 𝐋𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐥 / 𝐈𝐁𝐃𝐏 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐟𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐲-𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐢𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐥𝐲 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐝.
For details of how we can help your child, please contact Valerie Weston on:
Phone: +852 6156 5705.
We would be delighted to hear from you.